Installing a High-Pressure Misting System
After you decide to install a high-pressure misting system, chances are you’ve already begun researching the type of equipment needed to complete the installation. But before you can design and install the system, there are even more technical aspects than just the parts that need to be considered. For instance, the first thing you’ll need to consider is the area you’d like the system to cover. The size and type of area you’re working with will help to determine the type of equipment you’ll need to properly cool that area. Once you have a clear target area in mind, you’re ready to begin working with misting professionals to design a customized system that will effectively cool your specific area.
Misting System Equipment
Here’s what you’ll need to build an effective high-pressure misting system:
- Water Pressurized Pump – As the heart of the system, the type of pump used to fuel the water pressurization process is the most important part of the equation. The type of pump needed for the system is usually determined by the size of the target area, the control needed over the area and the number of nozzles installed on the misting lines. This is the biggest determining factor that separates Koolfog’s misting systems from other competing systems. Each Koolfog pump is American designed and manufactured to fit a wide variety of range specifications.
- Distribution Line – This is the line that carries the pressurized water from the pump to your targeted area. It’s because of this distribution line that the water passes through from the filtration system through to the nozzles to ensure that a highly clean and pressurized mist is administered to the area. At Koolfog, we provide stainless steel distribution lines that can withstand exhaustive use and intense weather conditions over an extended period.
- Nozzles – The smallest part of the system, but definitely not one that should ever be overlooked. The type of misting system nozzle installed on the misting line will determine the type of mist distributed into the area. For instance, the type of nozzle used to produce a voluminous mist with particles that are larger on average would be different than a nozzle used to produce mist that evaporates faster without traveling as far. Each quality is very important to match the nozzle to the climatic and physical factors in the space.
- Controls – The proper timing, temperature, volume, pressure, and feedback is always necessary. That’s where a proper control system comes into play. As professionals, we also know that having an easily integrated control system is a huge plus. That’s why our systems are designed to connect to existing automation systems. Giving you control over the operation of your system will maximize the effectiveness of your misting equipment.
- Water Treatment Filters – Cleansing the water that is running throughout your misting system is a vital aspect in keeping the system fully functional. That’s why every Koolfog misting system is equipped with a two stage filtration system. These filters protect the nozzles and lines from the effects of potentially harmful debris entering the system. The purification process can also be customized to extend nozzle integrity and endurance as well depending on the functions of the system within the target area.
Designing an Effective System
Start here to begin designing. Koolfog misting and fog experts have years of experience designing and installing effective high-pressure misting systems. Our state of the art designs have gone through rigorous testing to ensure durability and functionality for years to come. Investing in this type of equipment for your business is life changing, and we can’t wait to help you. Contact us today to get started.
Latest posts by Bryan Roe (see all)
- Oklahoma State University’s Spears School of Business’ circular fogscape is a gathering place for students. - September 18, 2019
- Fountain Fog Effects Enchant at Tadao Ando’s Masterful water feature “Silence” located in London - April 23, 2019
- Fog Effects Create an Ethereal Experience at Jardin Aga Khan (Aga Khan Garden) in Alberta, Canada - April 23, 2019