Most greenhouse growers face a continuous battle of maintaining a consistent and optimal micro climate within their facilities and balancing temperature and humidity is just one factor. Thankfully there are several different solutions to help win this battle. Among these solutions, one of the best is greenhouse misting.
High-pressure greenhouse misting systems, like the ones built by Koolfog, emit a very fine mist from overhead fog line to distribute the ideal moisture needed for plant propagation and seed germination. This high-pressure fog, or mist, evaporates instantly to cool the area while also maintaining a consistent humidity level without causing the accumulation of too much moisture.
There are many different advantages to using a greenhouse misting system. Here are our candidates for The Top 5 Benefits of a Greenhouse Misting System:
- Helps maintain favorable and consistent conditions for optimal plant growth all year long
- Keeps humidity levels above 30% to encourage continuous plant growth
- Reduces temperatures in a greenhouse efficiently and effectively
- Allows the potential introduction of fertilizers through the misting systems which delivers the an efficient delivery mechanism for maintaining plant health
- Helps fight off plant diseases, minimize plant stress and thus increase growth rates
All these benefits are made possible through the greenhouse grower’s ability to have complete control over the environment. However, it also requires an understanding of the best way to optimize the greenhouse misting system.
Fortunately for greenhouse growers, figuring out how to optimize the misting system to promote optimal growth is actually easier than it sounds. As a general rule of thumb, for each 10 square feet of greenhouse space, there must be 1-2 gallons of moisture per hour. To calculate the amount of water dispersed by your misting system to accommodate this rule simply multiply the number of nozzles in the system by the rate of flow per minute, then multiple that number by the total number of minutes per day.
There are also many different devices that greenhouse growers can use to help regulate and maintain the environment. It’s very common for most shade houses with greenhouse misting systems to have electronic timers and humidity measuring devices to control the length and frequency of daily misting as well as maintain consistent humidity levels.
When deciding on the best greenhouse misting system for your shade house, there are some other factors to keep in mind. For instance, the type of pressure, nozzle spacing and nozzle type that you choose will determine the type of mist your system delivers.
Additionally, the type of material you choose for your nozzle will also make a difference. We suggest brass or stainless steel nozzles, rather than plastic, because they withstand the rigors of time. Also, keep in mind that greenhouse misting systems operate for long hours day after day so implementing a system that is industrial-grade is important.
Choosing the best system for your greenhouse to yield the maximum harvest from your plants may seem difficult, but Koolfog’s misting and fog humidification solutions can address all these variables when designing the greenhouse misting system that’s right for you. At the end of the day, integrating a Koolfog misting and fog humidification system within your greenhouse environment will be cost effective to you and even more beneficial to your plants.
Latest posts by Bryan Roe (see all)
- Fountain Fog Effects Enchant at Tadao Ando’s Masterful water feature “Silence” located in London - April 23, 2019
- Fog Effects Create an Ethereal Experience at Jardin Aga Khan (Aga Khan Garden) in Alberta, Canada - April 23, 2019
- Experiential Elemental Fog Sculpture Gives Pulse to Philadelphia’s Dilworth Park - April 23, 2019